Ex-Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele has yet to return to the Camp Nou. With the Azulgrana side still in talks over a contract with the 25-year-old.
Barcelona’s director of football, Mateu Alemani has revealed that. The Azul Grana are still in talks with Ousmane Dembele about a possible new deal in the future. The French winger became a free agent after his contract with the club ended. According to reports from Mundo Deportivo on Thursday.
Dembele has spent five seasons at Barcelona since joining from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2017, where he has scored 32 goals and provided 34 assists. He made 149 games but missed more than 130 games due to injury. Before the end of the contract with Barca after the end of the last season. And has been linked with Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea previously.
‘We are in an uncertain situation. At the moment we cannot sign players because we still have to solve Financial Fair Play issues.’ Alemani said. UFABET
‘We are talking to players who are interested in us who they can wait, now Ousmane is not a Barca player. But we made an offer to him for sports reasons. He did not accept our offer. But he wants to keep talking. For us, for now we will continue to talk.’
‘Wage balance is essential for teams to compete and all negotiations come in this context. We were in no hurry, although we knew we couldn’t wait too long. Many players have verbal agreements with us with an understanding of the situation. No one can expect us not to proceed with the utmost care,’ Alemani said.